Let us see why Chelsea will win the Europa League this season.
- Cometh the match cometh the man. Eden Hazard has been the star player at Chelsea for quite some time now. The Belgian wizard has proved himself in big occasions and the final in Baku will perhaps the last opportunity for Hazard to shine in a Blue shirt. No wonder it was Hazard who stepped up to take the decisive penalty in a nerve racking semi final encounter against Eintracht. Hazard has the ability to single handedly change the outcome of games with his skills and slick finishing. The Arsenal defense have to work hard to keep the Belgian out of the game.
- Chelsea have a much more balanced and complete team than their final opponents. KepaArrizabalaga proved his calm in stopping two penalties against Eintracht. The back four of David Luiz, Christensen, Azpilllicueta and Emerson are rock solid in the defense. The midfield is controlled by the excellent Jorginho and Kovacic. Oliver Giroud in front of goal has been clinical in the Europa League. The Frenchman leads the scoring along with Luka Jovic with 10 goals. He will surely get ahead now that Jovic is out of the tournament.
- Chelsea have nothing to play for except the Europa League. They finished third in the Premier League this season and have secured a place for themselves in the Champions League next season. Sarri has been under immense pressure from the fans and the board and he has to win the Europa League if he wants to keep his job next season.
- Maurizio Sarri has been touted as one of the brilliant coaches in football. Even though the Italian lacks trophies in his cabinet, his brand of football has been revolutionary. Under his guidance Napoli were considered a credible threat to oppostions and played exciting football. Unfortunately he has been unable to replicate the same magic in Stamford Bridge. This might be his last chance to bring his first trophy home for Chelsea.
- Chelsea are out for a trophy. The team has immense hunger and will do anything to lay their hands on one. The team consists of some really talented players and have quite a depth. Sarri has rotated his squad well throughout the season and Chelsea have performed well in the Europa League. The players will be raring to get their hands on the trophy.